Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My current weight and other anomalies

I have decided to switch over to reporting my official Jenny Craig approved weight. This weight is higher because it is taken on a different scale with more clothes on and after eating breakfast and drinking 1-2 bottles of water. And so we will enter a little weight warp zone where someone weighing 264 can lose 2 pounds and yet weigh in at 266.8.

This weight warp zone has also led to goal weight inconsistencies which confound my understanding of how far away my goal may be. My Jenny Craig consultant says 140 but the exercise physiologist at my gym says I'd be dead at that weight because my lean body mass is 132. I figure my lean body mass is not a fixed entity so I have decided to wait and see...

2 comments:

Sally JPA said...

Kat, you decide where your body looks and feels its best. Sometimes diet places tell us a certain weigh that really isn't where we want to be. It's all about YOUR health and well-being!

fatkat said...

Thanks veggie paparazzo! I'm just going to play it by ear till I'm the size I want to be!