Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine Blues

I'm bummed. Why can't I consistently lose weight like a normal person? It's not even "that time" so I can't blame it on that.

Diet is going well.

I drank my h20 and ate veggies yesterday but one whole wheat english muffin with a tsp of margarine and 1 oz of lowfat cheese did leap into my mouth accidentally/on purpose...How DARE it? I feel so violated. But I don't feel like that was so bad. It's not like I ate fries or something. There was some nutritional goodness in that excess snack.

I had a hardcore 90 minute workout today and I have almost drunk all my water already. On workout days I am trying for 10 glasses instead of the normal 8.

I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed and have been extra grumbly about this whole weight gain thing. It's not like I've been dieting for many months now...it has only been 1 1/2 (there had been a 2 year hiatus since I lost the first 40 lbs or so.) I'd better not be plateau-ed already that would make baby jesus cry.

Tonight is Valentine's Day and I have no clue what to expect. Being a chronic fat girl, I have never been in a relationship on this day before (yes that makes 29 years of singledom...with brief romances that just never feel during this season...)
My man is not particularly romantic (neither am I) and he is also broke. However, he did mention being particularly strapped for cash this month which makes the little romantic archetype inside want to jump out and say...are you finally getting me an engagement ring????

I am making him a very fattening meal because I have learned the hard way that his mid west/southern upbringing does not mesh with the Bostonian style of cooking that I have been raised on. He is very picky and only eats about 10 things so the choices were limited. But here is the menu:
Honey Battered Chicken fingers
Homestyle mashed Potatoes
Carrots with margarine
Strawberry Shortcake

This meal simultaneously makes me drool and makes my arteries want to choke to death but so be it. As Spaghetti Monster as my witness I will only eat the strawberries and carrots and will have my jenny craig meal as my main course.

However, I did kinda sorta decide some splurges were ok on Vday when I saw the chocolate marker thingies at Spencers. If you don't know what I'm talking bout dont ask...

Well, after wasting my day to exercise and tutoring other people on Physics, I think I'll go home. MCAT/Biochem study is gonna have to wait.

Peace and weight loss (pleeze?)

No comments: